"to be successful, keep looking tanned, live in an elegant building (even if you're in the cellar), be seen in smart restaurants (even if you nurse one drink) and if you borrow, borrow big."
pevonia self-tanning emulsion
light-textured emulsion contains dha (sugar cane)
jan marini bioglycolic sunless self tanner
silky, fast-drying formula with glycolic acid for better penetration
fake bake sunless and skinny
contains clinical levels of cellulite fighters to combat dimples
self-tanning towelettes for fair-skinned begginers
while a minimum of 10 minutes of sunlight per day is required for the production of vitamin d in our bodies, there is no such thing as a "healthy tan". over-exposure will inevitably lead to signs of [swallow] aging. for a uv-free glow, get your hands on some self-tanner!! the new ones all contain amino acids (dha) which react with proteins in the skin's superficial layers, resulting in a darkening that fades with natural cell turnover. this is the only active ingredient approved by the us fda for sunless tanning to date. for best results:
(1) avoid shaving before applying product as skin will be sensitive and more prone to irritation;
(2) lightly exfoliate prior to application to ensure a more even and longer lasting colour;
(3) use a firm, circular motion on clean, dry skin and try to choose a cool, dry environment to avoid sweating/humidity;
(4) do this quickly but thoroughly else orange nails, palms, finger joints, knuckles and thumbs will result (both legs should require no more than five minutes);
(5) apply a smaller amount of product to elbows and knees as dha reacts more to thicker skin;
(6) allow product to dry fully (at least 30 minutes) before carefully getting dressed/slipping into bed and then avoid all contact with water plus anything that will induce sweating for at least three hours; and
(7) generally, do not apply product more frequently than every three days.