Tuesday 25 August 2009

choppin' it up with mr chan

"i am thrilled to be awarded this honour by her majesty the queen for my contributions to the hairdressing business in britain. although i was born in italy, i came to britain in the early 1960's and have been very fortunate in my chosen craft. starting from a small shop in south london to then move the business onto a worldwide stage makes me very proud."
- toni mascolo on receiving his honorary order of the british empire in 2008


i took my sister to see benny at toni&guy this morning - the only person i have trusted with my hair for the last 10 years. benny trained and got his license (which many hong kong stylists do not possess as it is not required by the law here) in sydney at the toni & guy academy on oxford street where he then stayed on to practise, then managed the victoria station salon in london for two years before returning home to asia. pros are really pros - my little niece sat quite happily as he snipped away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all runway photographs care of style.com